Just Be Enough: The Circle

“Pears cannot ripen alone. So we ripened together.” – Meridel Le Sueur

Come sit in the circle, leave your doubts and feelings of inadequices outside and sit with us.

They have no place here & are not welcome among us.

Instead all we ask for is your smile.

You have your story, your words typed on a white paper that you fold and refold, that you hold tight in your hands.

Tell it.

Tell your story.

We are here to listen, laugh out loud , chuckle and nod our heads in understanding.

We are here to heed those words you don’t say, the meanings behind the monologue and to applaud your bravery and bravado with clapping hands and tear filled eyes.

In this space whatever you need to say can be spoken and whatever you dream can come to fruition.

There is camaraderie here, there is compassion & companionship in our hearts.

There is no need to question your worthiness or quality.

We’ve been there and now we are here.

Here, you are Enough.

Always, Enough.

Yesterday was our first rehearsal for Listen to Your Mother NYC

(I did tell you that I’ve been picked as a cast member right??)

It was a lesson in humility for me, a chance for me to meet really amazing people and to hear their words. Words that blew me away, words that ran the gamut of my emotions, words that changed me.

I arrived feeling like maybe I wasn’t enough…

but I left feeling like I was proud to “RIPEN” with each one of the people in that circle.

Every MONDAY join us…
Write, Post, Link-Up, share your story and your voice.
Be part of the movement to carry the weight of confidence, & empowerment.
What gives you that “be enough” feeling?

(and in the spirit of BEING ENOUGH, I nominated a piece for BlogHer’s Voices of the Year about my struggle with Infertility, if you are so inclined, I would be so happy if you’d vote for it)
You can vote right here for Being Carried.

30 Responses to Just Be Enough: The Circle
  1. Holly
    March 12, 2012 | 11:45 am

Don’t forget, you got picked. Hand picked out of dozens to be in our show. You are amazing, you are one of them, and you will be BRILLIANT on stage!

March 12, 2012 | 3:45 pm

oh stop making me cry. I am so glad that LTYM brought YOU into my life. I feel so lucky to know you. Your support means SO MUCH To me. THANK YOU.

2. Susi
    March 12, 2012 | 12:28 pm

That’s so great. Can’t wait to hear more updates.

March 12, 2012 | 3:44 pm

oh thanks…I am having the best time and feel so proud to be among this group of people. xo

March 12, 2012 | 12:54 pm

So proud of you friend.
    Totally voted.
    xoxo

March 12, 2012 | 3:44 pm

oooh, you make me smile!!!! All the time. I just want to hug you.
      (and thanks for the vote for that piece, it means a lot to me )
      xoxoxo

4. angela
    March 12, 2012 | 1:58 pm

Love you! And you deserve to be up there. Don’t forget that. Ever.

March 12, 2012 | 3:43 pm

love you too…and thank you for this support and love and “Sister friendship” it means the WORLD to me.

5. @MryJhnsn from iNeedaPlaydate
    March 12, 2012 | 2:50 pm

How wonderful and amazing! Good look but if you perform half as good as you write you will be a star!

March 12, 2012 | 3:42 pm

ahhh thank you, what a TRULY NICE thing to say. I’m all weepy now. THANK YOU so much.

6. Alison@Mama Wants This
    March 12, 2012 | 8:17 pm

I’m still excited and buzzing for you for this wonderful opportunity for you to say your words. Many need to hear them.

(and voted on the BlogHer piece!)

March 13, 2012 | 3:43 pm

Oh Alison. What can I do for you?? what can I do that makes you feel all the LOVE I have for you? I am just teary thinking about all you mean to me. *HUG*

7. kathykate
    March 12, 2012 | 8:26 pm

Honored to sit in your shadow. You were more than enough.

March 13, 2012 | 3:42 pm

OMG, are you kidding me? I sat in your light my friend. I am so glad that LYTM introduced us. I am thrilled to sit next to you.

8. Karen @ Time Crafted
    March 12, 2012 | 8:57 pm

Beautiful words, Kir. I wanted to stop by and say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I did a Happy Dance for you when I saw your news! :>

March 13, 2012 | 3:41 pm

HI there…and thank you for stopping by. That means sooooooo much to me. thank you for making it even sweeter. xo

9. Kindred Adventures
    March 12, 2012 | 9:12 pm

I can not even begin to express how proud I am of you, to know you and be part of any portion of your life. Your words flow so effortlessly as I read them and bring me great pride because I am lucky enough to have you as a friend. Your words make me smile and evoke instant feelings. Each time I visit this space I am mad that I have not been here more. Today though I am internally glowing because I always knew you had it in you and now you are starting to see it too!! So so so incredibly proud of you!! -LV

Small request… Your hubs is gonna tape you during LTYM right?!! You’ll be sharing that right?! Yes I am still incredibly pouty that I can not be there. MWAH

10. Missy | The Literal Mom
    March 12, 2012 | 9:50 pm

OMG I want to come and hear you SO badly! Will you tape it??? Please????

March 13, 2012 | 3:40 pm

YES, it will be on You Tube afterwards…and of course you’ll be ‘with me” ..carrying all my beautiful friends ‘in my pocket” that day. xo

11. Galit Breen
    March 13, 2012 | 12:06 am

Le sigh. I love that you’re having this experience!

It sounds like the most wonderful kind of transformative that there is!

Go you!!

March 13, 2012 | 3:40 pm

well I am inspired by you DAILY my dear friend. I plan to carry you “in my pocket” that day, to take your love with me. xo

12. Cameron
    March 13, 2012 | 9:37 am

What a great sentiment, and such a fantastic sounding group of women to be performing with!

March 13, 2012 | 3:38 pm

it felt like one of the nicest days of my life. I am thrilled….giddy….happy.

13. Kristen
    March 13, 2012 | 10:04 am

Ripen…what a perfect word to choose as you set off on this adventure. I’m looking forward to following you along the way.

March 13, 2012 | 3:38 pm

I liked it too, the quote seemed perfect for the way I feel. So glad you felt that too. :)

it’s so good to know you’ll be here with me.

14. Mel
    March 13, 2012 | 12:40 pm

Congratulations on being chosen!

March 13, 2012 | 3:35 pm

thank you my friend. THANK You from the bottom of my heart.

15. Frelle
    March 13, 2012 | 4:39 pm

beautiful words and a great new quote for me! Im so excited for you as you learn and grow through this adventure during LTYM!!!!

March 13, 2012 | 7:39 pm

isn’t that quote great Jenna? It was exactly what I wanted to say :) I am thrilled but it’s even sweeter with all the support around me. THANK YOU for that my friend.

16. Recovering Supermom
    March 14, 2012 | 4:25 pm

Your words are very poetic and beautifully written. Congratulations on being chosen for Listen to Your Mother! It sounds like a great opportunity!