Wordful Wednesday: Visiting Saint Nick

2008

Your First Christmas

You sat in awe with the Big Guy in Red.

I don’t think I will ever treasure any photo more than your faces turned to Santa and the WONDER in that moment.

2009

Fear set in and you Gio, gave us the only picture we’ll ever have of you screaming on Santa’s Lap.

I laughed until I cried.

2010

I remembered your scared expressions & your hesistancy, so Daddy and I crossed over into the North Pole.

2011

Jacob you fell in love with Santa with your whole heart.

It charmed me to see you so thrilled with the BIG ELF Himself but your brother still wasn’t sure about him.

(It takes Giovanni a little while to warm up and that’s ok).

So we dressed Beary Bear and Styx in Christmas Finery, you put on favorite PJ’s and again we visited the North Pole as a family.

2012

Your 5th Christmas.

Wow.

Jacob you still adore St.Nicholas.

You dress him like him, you have a sleigh of your own making at home & you couldn’t wait to sit on his lap.

In fact, when we arrived, you skipped the line and marched right up to him.

Your little voice bouncing off the marble floor of the mall..

Hi Santa! It’s Me, Jacob. I’m here to see you Santa.”

My heart burst open with love.

Your brother stood next to me, hand in my hand, carefully surveying your greetings.

I looked down into those big brown eyes and then I squatted , eye to eye with them.

“Gio? If you want Mommy & Daddy to sit with you again this year, that’s ok. We will.”

Brown eyes met blue.

A little hand freed itself from my fingers and your voice found itself:

Mommy, I think I’ll be brave this year.”

Tears mixed with smiles, as my heart swelled.

My beautiful boys, you are MY MIRACLES of this Holiday Season.

The children that I prayed for, hoped for, dreamt about.

You are & always will be the MOST BEAUTIFUL GIFT I’ve ever been given.

14 Responses to Wordful Wednesday: Visiting Saint Nick
  1. Alison
    December 12, 2012 | 5:20 am

What beautiful children. Totally precious pictures.

December 14, 2012 | 10:03 am

well not as CUTE as your boys, but I’ll keep mine. HEE.
      thanks Alison, love you Ladybug. xo

2. Kristen
    December 12, 2012 | 9:45 am

Your boys kill me!! Could they be any cuter?!?! And I love this idea of the years all together in a collage. That would be a great decoration to have on a foyer table for all to see as they enter a home.

December 14, 2012 | 9:52 am

HI love…
      yes, I am thinking of uploading it and having it printed, it’s a great pic. I LOVE PIC MONKEY.
      your girls are just gorgeous….simply so beautiful.

and I have you as a friend, my blessings this year.

3. Rumour Miller
    December 12, 2012 | 9:47 am

Gosh they have grown so fast. When did that happen, really.
    I have all of our Santa visits displayed in my living room each holiday season with all my other treasured decorations.

It will be a sad year when there is no picture because they have gotten too big.

December 14, 2012 | 9:51 am

Hi you..
      listen, soon, I want to visit and see your house all dressed up for Christmas..2013 maybe? I wish I could come and see all those pictures.

and as moms, yes, that day that they are “Too Old” will be sad…hoping it’s not until they are 20. ;)

xox

4. t
    December 12, 2012 | 3:27 pm

The funny thing about miracles, just as they are to you, you are to them.

December 14, 2012 | 9:48 am

best comment this week…and best guy to leave it.
      thanks t, always, just thank you.
      Hugs

5. Jackie
    December 12, 2012 | 9:22 pm

This year was the first year that Andrew didn’t cry! I think that it was the bribe though.. I told him that he could ride the train if he sat with Santa and didn’t cry.

December 14, 2012 | 9:48 am

BRIBERY WORKS ;)
      Hi Jackie, having a great HOLIDAY SEASON??? I hope so.
      I will need to go and see that picture of Andrew, not crying. ;)

xox

December 13, 2012 | 12:28 am

Your boys are so adorable!!!

I have several pictures of me with Santa through the years too. I’ll admit though, when Matthew didn’t need me to go with him anymore, a little piece of my heart broke. Yeah, I have issues, I know. :)

December 14, 2012 | 9:45 am

yes, I have a feeling that the more they sit together and not with me, my heart will hurt a little. They are growing and all kinds of GROWING PAINS hurt just a little. :(

your boys are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! oh how I adore them.

7. JannaTWrites
    December 13, 2012 | 3:03 am

Your post made me smile. I’ve had kind of a ‘blah’ day, so I appreciate this!

My younger son was always terrified of Santa and would scream his little head off. Then, last year, I was ready to kick the mall Santa in the shins when he broke my little boy’s heart by telling him he was ‘close to being on the naughty list’. He cried every night for a while. (I actually wrote a blog post about it last year, I was so mad!)

Santa came to their Cub Scout meeting last night and my son bounded off his lap and ran to me- all excited that Santa told him he was definitely on the ‘good list’. Made me want to find the mall Santa again. He’d better watch out, this Mama’s crazy :)

Cute pics of your boys, by the way.

December 14, 2012 | 9:44 am

KICK SANTA. I like it….esp if he is being a …(can I call Santa that??? ;)
      what kind of cynical, stone hearted person tells a child that?

I am glad that Cub Scout Santa isn’t a cranky person. LOL.

I love that I made you smile..that makes ME smile. :)